Tuesday 13 December 2016

Chicago!


Chicago has always been a friendly place for Supergirl. Linda Danvers called The Windy City home in her 80s title Daring New Adventures of Supergirl.

And thanks to blog friend Wayne Sallee I learned that the Chicago on our Earth also loves Supergirl ... or at least her television show. Wayne sent me the media blitz promoting the show in the el stations of the city.

I can understand why Wayne forwarded these pictures to me. It is an incredible array of promotional images. It seems as though you couldn't look anywhere without seeing the Girl of Steel.


So on the wall you can see a poster reminding people that Supergirl is now on CW. It includes the local station so people in the city know where to turn the dial (I just dated myself with that phrase).

And it is a nice big size.

But wait there's more!


Why settle on one poster?

Here we see a wall plastered with the poster, with a smaller one kind of stuck into the middle. I wonder just how big these are and whether or not one would fit in my house.


And as you walk through the station you see that poster on every flat surface it could be hung.

So these alone would have felt like a nice push for the show.

But wait! There's even more!


She adorned every turnstile as you enter the station.


And she is there on the turnstiles as you exit as well.

So this is amazing.


Perhaps the most impressive thing was this staircase decoration. I can't imagine that every mass transportation station has 7 step walkways so these had to be made specifically for this place.

And that is imprssive.

I mean look at this picture. She is on the steps, the walls on the side of the stairs, the walls above the steps, basically everywhere.

Unreal.


And then just in case you didn't see it there, here are the posters all over this longer staircase.


And as you can't miss her as you leave.

Suffice it to say, I'm floored! (Sorry for bad pun.)

That is an incredible push for the show in a big city mass transportation station. I drive to work so can't comment if the same was seen in Boston. But I'd love to hear from people in other cities if there was as big a push elsewhere.

And thanks again to Wayne for sending these my way! So cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management